Dr. Frank Alfano is a licensed Chiropractor serving the LaPlata community.
Dr. Frank Alfano has been freeing people from pain in the clinic in LaPlata, MD. As a Chiropractor with experience, Dr. Alfano is committed to promoting optimal health and well being of patients.
Dr. Alfano uses a "whole person approach". This approach to wellness means looking for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments that would optimize the conditions for normal function. Using this unique approach, Dr. Alfano is able to help you to accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
Dr. Alfano has been practicing for over 30 years. He has treated over 10,000 patients in his career.
He is one of only a few doctors in Maryland who has achieved Advanced Certification in treating auto accidents from the Spinal Research Institute of San Diego.
He is also one of only a few Doctors in Maryland to achieve Advanced Proficiency Certification from Activator Methods. This adjusting technique is very low force and involves no twisting and cracking.
- Attended New York Chiropractic College - December 1985
- Attended Nassau Community College - Garden City, N. Y.
- Attended Aldephi University. NY
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Applied Kinesiology (Basic and Advanced Sciences
- Ethics and Jurisprudence
- Upper Cervical Technique
- Office Procedures And Management
- Physical Therapy
- Sacral-Occipital Technique
- Thompson Technique
POST GRADUATE EDUCATION
- LACC Orthopedic Program
- Impairment Rating Program
- Advanced Certification for Auto Trauma and Whiplash (Spinal Research Institute of San Diego)
- AIDS Education
- Extremity Adjust
- Advanced Protocols In Spinal Rehabilitation
- LACC Spinal Rehabilitation Program 300 hrs.
- Advanced Proficiency Certification from Activator Methods
- American Chiropractic Association
- Christian Chiropractic Association
- Maryland Chiropractic Association
- New York
- Elwood Chiropractic Office
East Northport, New York
January 1986 - January 1989
- La Plata Family Chiropractic
La Plata, Maryland
April 1989 - Present
- Honesty and Integrity
- Extensive Management and Administrative Skills
- Strong Interprofessional Relations Various Medical Practitioners
- Happily married with three wonderful children!